- Organisation :
- Governance :
- Regions :
- ICMA councils & committees :
- ICMA Women's Network :
- ICMA Future Leaders :
- International affiliations :
- Employment opportunities :
- About ICMA
About ICMAClick here to download the ICMA Overview brochure.
Click here to download a pdf version of ICMA's Mission Statement.
- The International Capital Market Association (“ICMA”) is committed to serving the needs of its members through its activities as a trade association and as a self regulatory organisation. The membership of ICMA includes issuers, primary and secondary market intermediaries, central banks, asset managers, investors, capital market infrastructure providers, rating agencies and law firms.
- Working actively with its members in all segments of the wholesale and retail markets, buy and sell side, ICMA focuses on a comprehensive range of regulatory, market and other relevant issues which impact market practices and the functioning of the international debt capital markets.
- The mission of ICMA is to promote resilient and well functioning international debt capital markets. Such markets are necessary for economic growth, and benefit market participants and their clients alike.
- ICMA seeks to achieve this through:
- helping to build trust in the industry by promoting best market practice through the development of appropriate, industry accepted, guidelines, rules, recommendations and standard documentation, thereby maintaining and enhancing the framework of cross border issuing, trading and investing in debt instruments;
- bringing all segments of the industry together and encouraging dialogue between the industry and governments, regulators and central banks - at national and international level - with the aim that financial regulation supports, in a balanced and proportionate way, the resilience, efficiency and cost effectiveness of international debt capital markets;
- representing its buy side members, both asset managers and investors, in their interactions with capital markets and regulators;
- promoting networking and information flow amongst market participants and between market participants and the authorities, by organising market conferences, seminars, roundtables and meetings;
- offering market focussed high quality education, thereby promoting high professional standards for market participants.