- AGM and Conference 2013, Copenhagen :
- The Financial Transactions Tax - Impact on the European repo market and consequences for the financial markets :
- Global Master Agreements for Repo and Securities Lending Workshop, London :
- The Future of the Repo Market - an international conference, London :
- Regulatory Developments in Financial Markets - an ICMA seminar, Vienna :
- European Regulation: An Introduction for Capital Market Practitioners, London :
- Target 2 - Securities is coming, get ready! London :
- Understanding the ICMA Primary Market Handbook, London :
- Quality Wealth Management in a Challenging Environment
A workshop jointly presented by the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) and the Private Banking Group, Luxembourg (PBGL) of the Luxembourg Bankers’ Association (ABBL)
Date: 4 October 2012
Time: 13.00 - 17.30
Banque de Luxembourg
Boulevard royal N°14
In today’s uncertain and fast changing world, regulation and standards of compliance for the banking industry continue to evolve and play an increasingly important role in client relationships. This workshop for private banking professionals was geared towards understanding how private banks operating in this challenging environment can enhance their attractiveness and competiveness by delivering high quality wealth management services to their clients.
A roster of senior market practitioners from the private banking sector debated questions including:
Will compliance help rebuild trust? How will new standards of quality and transparency work in the clients’ best interest? How does quality of service increase the attractiveness and competitiveness of international wealth management? What are the guiding principles for the quality standards the industry observes?
The focus was on the practical application of current best practice in the industry and on promoting high standards of integrity, transparency and professionalism. The ICMA Private Wealth Management Charter of Quality, which brings together in a single document the guiding principles of best practice adopted by the private banking industry, was presented at the event, with the event's host becoming the first signatory association to the Charter. Click here to view the press release.
Keynote speakers Luc Frieden, Minister of Finance, Luxembourg and Jean Guill, Director General Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), opened the event.
Click here to view the agenda.